MY STRANGE OBSESSION

Since we have been back I have worked and worked and worked some more.  After all this work, all I have energy for is to sit in front of the television and make my poor husband watch episodes of 'My Strange Addiction' and now the amped up version 'My Crazy Obsession'.  You think your life is rough? Well, what if you had an insatiable urge to drink nail polish or eat toilet paper?  Now, that's a rough life.  This edition is about my 3 lb. dog George, she has a seriously strange obsession--tennis balls.  I know what you are thinking, you are thinking that it's not so strange a lot of dogs are obsessed with tennis balls. Yes, but George is obsessed with pulling the felt off of her tennis balls and eating it.  She knows she is not supposed to, so she'll go to such great measures as to pretend she wants to play ball and then charges it, swoops it up and takes it into some dark and dank opium den, felt eating spot. No amount of scolding can get her to stop.  She will even go off it for a while and when we feel like we can re-introduce tennis balls into her life she will play with them like a 'normal' dog and then when our guard is down she's back to her bad habits. 

On my way to the laundry room today I looked down and noticed what she was doing.  I took her ball away and placed it on top of the glass coffee table (since I had my arms full of dirty clothes).  I came back to witness the top photo.  She was under the table trying to get at it. She was doing it for so long and such vigor I actually had time to go into my studio, get my camera out of its bag, set the dials and shoot.  Obsessed I tell you.

TM (March 10, 2012 at 9:08 PM)  

She is the cuuuuutest dog in all the land! Strange obsession and all!

Emily (March 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM)  

20/20 is on right now and is about "My Extreme Affliction." Guess what I'm doing this Saturday night?? Haha.

Miss B. (March 11, 2012 at 1:37 PM)  

Thank you TM, I think she's pretty cute too;)

Emily now that sounds like an awesome way to spend a Saturday night!

Unknown (March 11, 2012 at 7:51 PM)  

What a little cutie! Her coat is just gorgeous! Love that your other pooch is just snoozing in the background:)

Miss B. (March 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM)  

Spark, oh, I know Bella can't be bothered with anything but LOVE. The only thing that floats her boat is being with her parents or sneaking into bed.

Toi –  (March 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM)  

At least she doesn't have 20,000 Cabbage Patch dolls that she forces you to refer to as "children".

She is beyond cute. How do you not eat her whole?

Have you and the hubs considered becoming gypsies? I LOVE all your pictures and stories from the road. Maybe you two and the dogs could just hit the road and keep me endlessly entertained.

melliemel4444 (March 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM)  

Pants totally does the same thing! Now I just get the kong balls that are all rubber/plastic so that solves that problem.

:)
Mel

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.