HOPLAND, CALIFORNIA

I will admit, that although I adored taking in all the scenery of our trip my one photographic goal was to be able to get some up close horse shots.  That's all I wanted, not much to ask for right?  It was nearly impossible. Although there were plenty of ponies on the drive there weren't any that we could just pull over on the side of the road and get a shot of.  I was feeling very dejected when my husband, uncharacteristically pumped the breaks and hit the car in reverse. What the heck are you doing?,  I screamed. He pulled into a dirt road and pointed wildly out his window--a horse!  How he saw it I have no idea.  The best part was when I walked up to the low fence, the horse which was way out yonder in the pasture came trotting out towards me like we were old friends.  It took everything in me not to start crying, I surely would have but knew I had about five minutes before my insane husband would want to get back on the road.  I was only able to take a few shots before the horse realized that I wasn't harboring apples on my person and decided to walk away.  I loved that he posed for me for these couple of shots and I love that I have these images. I am pretty sure I will be blowing up the last one for our future home.

Cathe Holden (March 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM)  

Great story, GREAT shots!! Ahh, Hopland. That's where Jeff and I spent our first night as Mr. and Mrs. Lovely, lovely town.

Cathe Holden (March 9, 2012 at 7:20 PM)  

That's Mr. and Mrs....Not Mr. and Mrs. Lovely. LOL.

Miss B. (March 9, 2012 at 8:48 PM)  

Lol, Mr. & Mrs. Lovely would fit you perfectly;) Hopland was so charming, how very romantic for Mr. & Mrs. Lovely!

Rosemarie (March 10, 2012 at 1:00 AM)  

I loooove horses. I loooove horse photos - especially of the eyes. They hold such depth of soul and wisdom. That last photo is phenomenal!

McMaster & Storm (March 10, 2012 at 9:53 AM)  

I cannot believe I posted pics of our very unfinished kitchen. ---
I love your trip pics and how take & edit your photographs. Amazing!
Enjoy your weekend.
I loved all our jaunts up & down CA when we lived there. {no kids then--so the crazy spur of the moment drives we would do!} Happy memories.
xo
kara

Miss B. (March 10, 2012 at 1:06 PM)  

Rosemarie, I love horse photos too! I seriously could photograph them all day, there is so much beauty, texture, love, seriously I was in love in about 2 secs! Thank you for the compliment!

Kara, I LOVE seeing your during and if we weren't moving I would have ordered that linoleum lacquer yesterday! I despise our kitchen floors, they always look dirty even after I clean them and I can assure you there is no dirt to be had on them, it's just a really pretty (ugly) off white 80's with mauve that is frightening!

Miss B. (March 10, 2012 at 1:07 PM)  

P.S. Kara, so want to take An Annie Sloane workshop one day, saw her products sold in the states now, so exciting!

Amy (March 15, 2012 at 7:43 AM)  

Oh, I love this story . . . it makes me a bit teary just reading it (and, of course, seeing the photos)!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.