MMXII 33:: EDITING A PHOTO-A-DAY IN 2012

MMXII::33::AFTER 
I think I preferred my 'before' photo to tell you the truth. I was in a bit of a rush tonight with my edit as I worked all day (finishing up this week!). I stole these pansies from my neighbor, she always has a luscious garden, filled with flowers that spill into the alley that separates our concrete jungle from her rain forest. The worse part is not that I stole (which is bad, I know), but that when I walk by with my girls and see her lush garden each morning I am convinced that she must use dead bodies as fertilizer. I saw this forensics show once where these older ladies had a gorgeous rose garden, the best in the neighborhood and it was because they buried their victims in it. It just seems odd to me that the neighbor rarely tends to it, yet it flourishes way beyond everyone elses in the neighborhood. Yes, if you had the only lush garden in an otherwise barren neighborhood I would think you too had buried bodies in your begonias. Television, it poisons impressionable minds.

I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.

bobbi (February 3, 2012 at 4:54 AM)  

I love both! {my sorority flower was the pansy!} And I'm totally with you on too much Law and Order and CSI seeping into my brain.

Katrine - make it and fake it (February 3, 2012 at 7:56 AM)  

these flowers are so pretty!!! loving the pic!! cant wait for summer when they start growing in my garden!! we call tehm night and day in norwegian, what are they in english?

Catalina (February 3, 2012 at 9:04 AM)  

I love your after, before is good as well, but love the other tones. great work!

Sew a Fine Seam (February 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM)  

Hmmm. I think I like the edit. But then I'm an all-white loving girl!

Miss B. (February 3, 2012 at 1:47 PM)  

Bobbi, you aren't kidding, I think I am a forensic scientist with all I've watched, lol. K, they are called 'Pansy', it's not such a pretty name, Night & Day, much prettier but is that in Norwegian Night & Day or do you use the English? Thank you Caty. Jill that's how I feel bring on the white. I do like yellow but the way I shot it I don't think I did the yellow justice so thus the white.

Jules (February 3, 2012 at 11:30 PM)  

I had a lousy day, and you managed to make me laugh. I love you for it. :)

Miss B. (February 4, 2012 at 12:22 PM)  

Jules, you ALWAYS do the same for me, ALWAYS:)

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.