MMXII::11::EDITING A PHOTO A DAY IN 2012

MMXII::11::AFTER
I know, I know, you are thinking sheesh Miss B., you promised not to just have all your posts be about this insane project, blurgh!  Yes, I promised and I will keep my promise, it's just that the last couple weeks have been monopolized by taking product photographs, editing for this project, getting ready for the Souvenir Foto School announcement, designing an updated blog and oh yeah, plenty of real work in there as well. In a word, I have been busy.  I also haven't been in the best of health, nothing contagious (for all those clients I have been packing parcels for), I just have had a bad bout of vertigo, it's the worse ever, it's like you are on a very rocky boat at sea except you are sitting in your living room.  I don't wish it upon anyone amongst you, ever. It's a little bit hard for me to be creative and come up with new ideas for you here when I am seasick in the studio. This has happened a few times prior and passed after a couple of weeks, not what I would consider a good time. You know what's good though?  I got in some new prints that I am actually happy with!  I just need to style + shoot them in frames and then I will add to the shop, of course I will be giving away framed versions here, so I hope that some of you need new artwork for your walls.

I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.

P.S. I used one of these FREE Photoshop actions to assist with the edit!

HeidiRose (January 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM)  

I am so inspired by your black and white edits!
My shots from the zoo last summer were too ho-hum to bother printing ... until I tried them in b/w (with some RGB levels and bri/con edits). Now they're fabulous!
Thank you!
Heidi

Miss B. (January 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM)  

Hi Heidi, that makes me so happy to read that you saved some memories! If you haven't already you should download the B+W Photoshop action, it's free and for a free one it's pretty darn good (fully adjustable).

Toi –  (January 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM)  

That's it. My goal for February (Too late for January, I'm going to need all the time I can get.) is to learn to use filters in Photoshop. I'm a complete novice at using Photoshop, but I'm going to learn this if it kills me. I love the versatility it gives to your pictures.

And you captured that animals spirit in this pic. It looks angry. I like it.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.