MMXII::05

 I will be editing a photo a day for the remainder of 2012::Project MMXII, this is my 'after', you can view the 'before' here.

I don't always get the results that I aim for whilst tackling these edits. I wanted to change the colors on this image, but even with masks, selections, this/that and the other I was not able to fulfill my  end vision.  It's day five and I am wondering what I got myself into (again) by trying to take on this project.  I won't give up just yet. I still have many, many (eyes roll back in head) images to choose from.  I don't think I mentioned this prior, but not all my photographs are as terrible as the 'before's' I have been showing in this project.  I can and sometimes even do take pretty 'okay' photographs, that being said I would highly recommend to try to take a great photograph in camera (practice makes perfect). Speaking of photographs I am waiting with bated breath for a macro lens that I rented from Borrow Lenses.  Tune in next time when  I discuss how I rented a lens that I may or may not know how to use (that's what happened on my last rental). Can you believe it's almost the weekend?  I can't. Hooray for the 4 day work week!

Mollie (January 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM)  

This is stunning! As much as I'd love to see your process, I'm equally as interested in hearing about how you choose your images, and your plan going into the editing. You seem to see this amazing potential for editing. (If I can't fix something with a few small tweaks, I give up!)

Miss B. (January 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM)  

Miss Mollie!

Thank you for your note. I choose randomly, this time around I am trying to create a theme of Natural History for the beginning week or month. These edits are not for the feint, it wouldn't be good for a shoot (oh no!) but for isolated images. I go through multiple edits before I can even get to the starting point of where I want to go, it's taxing and I must be a masochist or something, lol.

Anonymous –  (January 6, 2012 at 4:56 PM)  

This turned out incredible!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.