RED SQUIRREL BY ALLISON TRENTLEMAN

Some people don't like squirrels, I was once part of that minority. Well, let me clarify, I didn't dislike them, I was scared of them. I went to a school that had a squirrel problem, no one addressed it.  It made me feel a bit like a loon, I would think, am I the only individual on this campus that notices that we have a squirrel to human ratio disadvantage? These squirrels were bold, I was always afraid that one of them would one day decide my ankles looked delicious. They walked with the flow of traffic right by your side, not in a friendly I am cute way, but in a 'I know you have a sandwich in your backpack' way. It took me a long time to get over my fear. I rarely see squirrels in Los Angeles it seems they prefer to live by the ocean, psk, who doesn't? Squirrels are smart. I saw this photograph by Allison Trentleman and first thing I thought was 'cute'. I even did a search for cute animals and this photograph came up, so it validated my initial thought. 

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and this week proves to be awesome.

Naomi Shiek (December 12, 2011 at 10:09 AM)  

I just LOLed. I've never seen a squirrel in real life, but they should come to Israel, we're all coast here!

Miss B. (December 12, 2011 at 11:25 AM)  

Naomi, I will let the squirrels know they are missing out on some serious coastal living. I'm going to look it up and see if there are no squirrels in Israel, maybe I can locate a population of them for you to see how cute these critters are. Do you have any cute animals that we don't have here in the states I should know about?

Sew a Fine Seam (December 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM)  

They are really a pain to have them living in your town. We would love to get rid of them!!!!

Heather (December 12, 2011 at 3:36 PM)  

You're not alone. I have a girl friend who is TERRIFIED of squirrels....it rivals my fear of spiders.

Living in the desert we rarely see them, and when we do my kids get so excited, like they are seeing a real wild animal or something. My husband and I grew up with them and well, they are akin to the neighborhood cats to us.

Susan (December 12, 2011 at 3:39 PM)  

Oh wow...that is a tad creepy, but I find them incredibly cute & funny. We have a ton in our yard!

Miss B. (December 12, 2011 at 4:27 PM)  

In Central Park they have black squirrels which are not as cute as you would think. They don't look like miniature black bears, but the sinister/gangsta version of a squirrel.

Hannah Mendenhall (December 18, 2011 at 8:40 PM)  

I'm pretty sure I have never laughed while reading a blog...thanks for changing that!

Alexandra (September 24, 2012 at 10:48 PM)  

This was pretty funny... I think any animals become kind of scary when, instead of running away all cute like, they attack! It's all thanks to people feeding them, but I am a big squirrel lover, mainly because I found babies once and took care of them for awhile :)...we had a ton in Fl.

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.