HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

A Happy Halloween to you all {insert mad scientist laughter here}. As I sit here and write this I am covered in angry, red, blotchy hives. Pretty. I had a fit of nerves this weekend and because I was ignoring the fact that my cortisol levels were higher than should be legal by nature I manifested hives. The whole eloping thing should be effortless right? So to keep you abreast of the inanity (yes, inanity) that is my current world I shall fill you in. Since the photographer I thought I had coming was not able to (boo hoo) and I couldn't find another one under a mortgage payment I had to re-arrange my original plan to elope to Santa Catalina Island.  There were other factors as well, such as a non-pet friendly hotel situation on the island and the general hotel situation on Catalina, unfortunately it isn't that great (see here, here and here for prime examples).  The thing though that was hardest,  I had my heart set on my chosen date 11.11.11, but how easy a date can be thrown out the proverbial window when a photographer is not available. We I started the Herculean task of re-routing us (the Fancy would get married at the car wash if it was possible, it really doesn't matter to him where). Thankfully I was thrown a glimmer of hope from my mentally sinking ship, a truly lovely lass held my virtual hand, sent me links to honeymoon hotels in my new chosen area, found me a photographer, (she wrangled her  talented hubby), even offered to watch my fur babies and generally stopped me from running out into on coming traffic. The internet is the most magical of places isn't it? I also had some divine intervention thrown in via Kara of McMaster & Storm fame (I am so, so lucky), she introduced me to Jill who is obviously as nutty as myself as she agreed to take on the near impossible challenge of making me a version of my beloved dress. We both know it's a long shot, being that I can't get fitted, but we are going to try if I can find the right lace before noon tomorrow {insert more hives forming on my tender skin}. And how was your weekend?

Naomi Shiek (October 31, 2011 at 5:54 AM)  

Wow! You had an eventful and truly frightening weekend. Now I feel even worse about mine. It's amazing how much you can do compared to how little I had done of my monumental to do list - but it's stories like yours that keep me hopeful. It's hard, but a few months from now - hey, as soon as on November 12 - you'll look back on everything you've accomplished to have your lovely wedding - and you'll be proud. My gosh, you're one fierce woman for not giving up!

All the best to you, I know this story will end well!

Amy (October 31, 2011 at 7:38 AM)  

Eek! That was a truly scary tale . . . but I dare say, you can't have a fairy tale ending, without a few bumps along the way. As Naomi said, certainly this is one story that will ultimately end well.

Happy lace hunting!

Susan (October 31, 2011 at 8:14 AM)  

Oh no, you poor thing...hooray for the internet. Whatever happens, you will be marrying your Fancy...sending good thoughts and a virtual hug your way. xo

Miss B. (October 31, 2011 at 11:47 AM)  

Thank you ladies! I will need that lacing hunting luck and so happy that today is Halloween so I won't look out of place with all these hives, lol.

xx,

Miss B.

jacquelyn | lark + linen (October 31, 2011 at 12:21 PM)  

oh my! I just found your blog (and shoppe - omg the shop!!) and I'm just smitten

I'll be following along and sending you good vibes!! It will all come together!

Unknown (October 31, 2011 at 9:57 PM)  

What an insane story! Sounds like Halloween, a trick and a treat!

I have to say that Catalina holds a super special place for me, too. My husband proposed to me on the beach there so I understand why you had your heart set on it. And..forgot those awful hotels. We stayed at the Pavilion Hotel, which minus a pool, was totally amazing! The beds were so cozy and everything felt so romantic being located right on the beach!

All the best with all the craziness of planning your elopement!!! Nothing beats two people saying I do to love!! <3


PS: Here is a link to the hotel we loved {http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g29121-d113200-Reviews-Pavilion_Hotel-Avalon_Catalina_Island_California.html}

Unknown (October 31, 2011 at 10:01 PM)  

Oh..I found better photos of the hotel rooms here:

{http://www.expedia.ca/Catalina-Island-Hotels-Pavilion-Hotel.h4423812.Hotel-Information?c=15f190aa-e944-4900-b069-5016545705f0&&chkin=02/12/2011&hwrqCacheKey=b21059a3-3e23-4ac6-a839-d045f9b3d2feHWRQ&hashTag=default&chkout=03/12/2011&c=92c0b6bd-d53c-41b6-a56f-4092a0d794a3&rfrr=-30461&rm1=a2&}

As you can see so sweet and lovely!!

McMaster & Storm (November 1, 2011 at 11:19 AM)  

totally forgot about not finding fabric "in the middle of farm fields"! Sigh, I miss hunting on the West coast for fabric among other things--always had my fav places to dig.
well, sounds like you are getting the dress you want!!! yaay--{& I get to see it before it heads back West!}
xo
k

Sew a Fine Seam (November 1, 2011 at 3:09 PM)  

And I may just have hives by Thursday evening which is when this has to be finished because I have weekend plans. I was planning on a couple days next week but...:)

connielyu (November 4, 2011 at 11:21 PM)  

i totally would've shot your wedding, but glad things are working out! :)

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.