POPPIES!

I do believe Spring is here in full bloom!  The milky white jasmine petals have popped up out of nowhere in our courtyard to fragrance my entire living room.  I have lavender colored blooms where I once only had chives (who knew?) and the best part is the wholesale flower mart has flowers that I covet such as California poppies in my favorite blush tones.  I am over the moon.  I have never seen cut poppies before, I thought because they are so fragile that cutting them was not an option but it seems that the florist adds a little wax at the bottom of each stem and you can enjoy these beauties for  a few beautiful days.  I knew I wanted to get some photo's up in my office and the color scheme I was considering for the images so the poppies were perfect timing.  I shot them high-key but softened them in post processing to have a ballerina like quality, soft, floaty, dream-like.  I used my kit lens because I seem to have broken my 50mm (it won't focus), to get the high-key I had to shoot manual, it is at times like these that I am happy that I figured that little photography 'secret' out.

I am not sure if these will be going up in the office, the hallway, or the foyer. Should I print one extra large with a glossy white lacquer frame or do a series of tiny squares in unfinished blond wood frames?  When it comes to decisions....What do you think?  Large? Tiny? Lacquer? Natural?

photo's by tristan b.::souvenir foto

Kate P (May 3, 2011 at 3:45 AM)  

Yay for Spring! It's getting cold and dark here :( Your shots would look great in a series, and I think the blonde wood would pick up the pops of yellow and really complement the pink. How about 4 mid-size frames in a line?

Melissa –  (May 3, 2011 at 9:08 AM)  

I would definitely go huge - but would print on canvas and get the canvas stretched and put onto a frame. Am sure whatever you do it'll be beautiful!

Kathy Campbell (May 3, 2011 at 11:48 AM)  

I think you should have that first one printed on one of those HUGE wall sized poster products! Absolutely gorgeous.

Michelle P (May 3, 2011 at 11:59 AM)  

Go big -huge actually! Maybe mount it on white foam core & go frameless? I'd go with the 2nd or 3rd photo here, but they are all breathtakingly beautiful (of course).

Anonymous –  (May 3, 2011 at 3:54 PM)  

Beautiful photos of beautiful poppies! I've never seen them in those colors. I think medium size on stretched canvas - no frames.

Miss B. (May 4, 2011 at 12:40 AM)  

Lol, now I'm even more confused, more decisions, you all have such great ideas I'll never be able to decide!

Lindsey Michelle (May 4, 2011 at 12:51 AM)  

I'd go big!
I'd do two: the top two, side by side. Or one on top of the other.

Beautiful Tristan!
LOVELY!

xo,
L

Unknown (May 4, 2011 at 1:15 AM)  

Any of these would be magnificent. I love poppies too. They just say Spring to me! Beautiful photos!

Kathy Campbell (May 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM)  

Here: http://www.muralsyourway.com/ Do that, for serious.

Truly Smitten (May 25, 2011 at 2:44 PM)  

oooh do share what that secret is! I'd love to shoot like this!! LOVE it!

kats art murals (December 29, 2011 at 10:50 PM)  

A wall mural, specially with those beautiful colors, will make the atmosphere of the room so much more inviting. I think bigger the better. http://www.katsartmurals.com

Anonymous –  (June 23, 2012 at 9:03 AM)  

Hi - I love your poppies! So beautifully documented! I took the liberty to reblog your photos - crediting you, of course. I hope you are okay with that. If not, please let me know and I will remove it. Elisabeth

Erica (June 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM)  

I LOVE these photographs! So gorgeous!

Post a Comment

I am honored + thrilled that you are leaving me a note! Please know your sweet thoughts are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

xx,

Miss B.